OER and the Division of Purchases have pursued a means of providing access and encouraging the use of biofuels across State agencies and fleets. In March 2016, the State successfully solicited bids for transportation and off-road fuels that include biofuel blends. The solicitations achieved the following:
- All transportation diesel purchased by the State will now contain at least 5% biofuel.
- The option to purchase 20% biodiesel and 99% biodiesel blends are now available to all state agencies.
- All #2 heating oil purchased by the State will now contain 5% biofuel and 95% ultra-low sulfur #2 heating oil (B5 BioHeat).
- An option to purchase a 20% biofuel heating oil blend (B20 BioHeat) is also now available to all state agencies.
- All off-road diesel purchased by the state will be ultra-low sulfur (S15).