State of Rhode Island Workplace Charging Program
The State of Rhode Island's Department of Administration offers employees who operate a plug-in electric vehicle (PEV) for their work commute - and who pay to use the DOA parking garage - the opportunity to supplement at-home charging with workplace charging. If you are an eligible garage member with a PEV who would like to apply, please follow these steps:
- Sign up for garage access if you have not already.
- Applicants who are not already signed up for garage access must do so through the Division of Capital Assets, Management, and Maintenance (DCAMM) by calling (401)222-6200.
- Complete and submit a workplace charging registration form found on this page or by clicking on the photo to the right.
- Apply for a Chargepoint Account.
Receive a calendar invitation from the OER.
- Applying for a card is free and will give you access to any public Chargepoint station across the country! Please note, a credit/debit card or Paypal account is required to sign up, however all stations are currently free to use and your card will not be charged.
- You should receive a calendar invitation from the OER within 5 business days of registering via Microsoft Outlook. This invitation will allow you to view and reserve specific time slots for your EV. The calendar will be hosted on this webpage below. For troubleshooting or to report an issue, please contact Ryan Cote using the information provided below.
That’s it! You are now registered and can begin utilizing the charging equipment located in the DOA Parking Garage. All Level II Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) are located on the ground level of the parking garage near the North entrance. In addition, there are two Level I ports located on the “C” level of the parking garage that can be utilized as additional charging outlets.